Thursday, March 24, 2011

Too Busy for Spring

It's been an absolutely crazy week for both J and I. J's been traveling to Paris and Luxembourg for work, and I've been stuck at the office all day. Neither of us have had a home cooked meal in over a week - he eats all of his meals in the air, and I eat all of my meals at the office. It's not so bad since it's on the firm's dime, and as an added bonus, a nice lady comes by with fresh coffee and tea and biscuits (cookies) twice a day. It could definitely be worse. =)

I've been working double digit hours every day this week since Sunday, and it's the absolute worst timing since it looks and feels like spring may have finally arrived after hemming and hawing for the last few weeks or so. In fact, I saw two girls walking by yesterday in shorts and t-shirts during my lunch break. Honestly though, it was not that warm - I was fine in my woolen coat while sitting in the sun. I guess 15C (low 50's Fahrenheit) feels downright balmy after months and months of temperatures in the high 30s/ low 40s. I saw the same phenomenon happen in Michigan in the early days of spring - people out in shorts and flip flops in 50 degree weather. This is the same temperature where LA girls gleefully break out their furs from their closets for a long awaited airing. It's all relative, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment