Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Back to Work, Part Deux

I woke up this morning at 8AM, and it huuurt. It's been a while since I've had to wake up on a schedule, and I forgot how much it sucks to get up when your body doesn't want to.

I had an interview with a major law firm this morning for a contract position, and I got on the Tube for my forty minute commute to Canary Wharf. J and I don't use the same Tube station or lines for this new job so we didn't get to hold hands on our walk or smirk at each other during the Tube ride. Boo.

J's still a bit confused as to why I want to work, and I admit I was a bit confused too this morning when I got dressed in a black suit and stockings and heels. I think that's the worst part about working - the clothing. I haven't worn anything that doesn't have an elastic waistband in ages, and I don't know how to walk in heels any more. It would be funny, if it wasn't so sad, to watch me lurch about on the pavement in my heels like a giant, drunk baby. What happened?!

Canary Wharf is a pretty cool area - it's all new built and super modern so it looks like a downtown from the future. It's right by the water, and everything is very, very clean to the point of sterility. I debated taking my camera with me to take a few snaps while I was there, but then I thought the interviewer may think that I was a bit odd for bringing a camera to the interview. I guess that was a good call because I got a call an hour later saying I got the job. Yay!

The bad news? Apparently, there's a ton of overtime and weekend work involved. So the TK bakery is shutting down for the next two months or so, and J is understandably a very sad boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment