Saturday, March 12, 2011

Farewell at the Knights Templar

My friend Patrycjya is leaving for Paris tomorrow, and we all got together for one last drink at the Knights Templar at Chancery Lane.

The Knights Templar is part of the Wetherspoons pub chain, and the decor is quite nice with really high ceilings. The bathroom is even nicer and has more lounge seating than actual toilets, believe it or not. Another couple nice things are that the drinks aren't too expensive, and the place was pretty busy but not too packed. They also have a pretty good selection of food, even if the salsa for their nachos did taste like it came out of a jar.

In any case, about twenty of us were there to say farewell to Patrycjya since she's pursuing a much better job opportunity in Paris. I'm happy for her, but at the same time, I'm still sad to see her go.



I've promised to visit her in Paris, which is only a 2 1/2 hour train ride away, and she's planning many future trips to London, but it's not the same, especially since she's only recently become my running buddy. But I could always chivvy J to go on runs with me, and it looks like I may be running the Warsaw marathon in Poland with Patrycjya this September, but we'll see if that happens. =)

In any case, I'm off to do one last run with her now!

No comments:

Post a Comment