Friday, March 18, 2011

Happy Red Nose Day!

Every year on March 18, the UK celebrates Red Nose Day which is a day put on by the Comic Relief charity founded by two comedians to aid those suffering from starvation in Ethiopia. The deal is you buy a red nose at a grocery store or wherever, and the proceeds go to charity. I suppose you're meant to wear them all day - and who says that the Brits don't have a sense of humor? =)


For you choosy ones out there, there's a selection of three monsters you can sport on your nose: Honkus (lots of teeth), Captain Conk (pirate) and Chucklechomp (glasses), and they all come with cheesy kind of jokes you usually see on a popsicle stick. One of my work colleagues brought one for each of us, and I'm happily sporting monster Honkus on my nose. I kind of adore it, in spite of the fact that it tends to pop off when I smile too wide. But how can I not?

No comments:

Post a Comment