Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year and Newer Resolutions

2010 is done and gone, and here's what I've got to show for it:
  1. I moved to London - Yay!
  2. I gained 10 pounds - Boo.
  3. I lost 4 pounds - Kinda yay!
  4. I bought my first digital SLR camera - more pics to come!
  5. I resumed working as a lawyer - Yay?
  6. I celebrated my first wedding anniversary - Yay!
  7. I visited Edinburgh, Scotland
Now that the new year has officially kicked off, I suppose it's customary to make resolutions for 2011. It's also customary to break the resolutions within the first few weeks of making them, but I think I'll try to stick with it since one of my resolutions is to improve my stick-to-itiveness (yes, it's a word).

So for the coming year, here are the things I'd like to accomplish:
  1. Enroll in a photography class
  2. Learn French
  3. Get back to fighting weight
  4. Visit Bath, England; Paris, France; Barcelona, Spain; Sydney, Australia; hike in New Zealand
  5. Make more of an effort with my appearance - I probably shouldn't be proud of the fact that I could get ready to leave the house in less than 10 minutes, which usually just entails putting on a long coat over my pajamas
It's going to be a busy next couple of months, but I'm actually looking forward to it. I wanted to run the London marathon, but the ballots are already closed, so I guess it's something I'll do in 2012. There, now that it's in writing, I can't back out.

Seems like it should be an interesting year...

No comments:

Post a Comment