Friday, January 21, 2011

Fish and Chips - Finally!

And the lucky place? Fryer's Delight in Holborn.

The place is pretty small, with maybe about four large booths. There were eight of us, so we ended up taking over basically half the restaurant. My friend P is a regular there, and she advised me on what to order. I ended up with rock fish (you get to pick what kind of fish you want) and chips (that's french fries for you Americans out there) with tartar sauce and vinegar and gherkins (pickles) on the side.

I never thought I'd be saying this while living in London, but the portion was freakishly huge. Like Cheesecake Factory huge. Apparently, fish and chips is the only British dish that's guaranteed to be served on a plate that's the size of my torso.

Not a great pic, but at least you can see the fish & chips. And my giant white head. It's the flash, I'm not that pale!
 The fish and chips were alright, but not really my thing since I'm not really a fried foods kind of girl. And we're supposed to be running a 10k and a half-marathon soon, and I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to be feasting on deep fried goodness in preparation thereof. Eh, I'll run it off tomorrow. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment