Saturday, January 15, 2011

Case Dismissed and Back on the Streets

The case that I was working on has been dismissed, which means that our little crew has officially disbanded for the time being. Luckily, we've all become friends in our short duration together - being locked in a room for 8 hours a day for 3 weeks will do that to you. Three of the others are at another project near our old office location, so we're planning on fish and chips sometime next week. Yay, more fried food!

Now that I don't have to rush out anywhere, I have ample time to leisurely stroll everywhere instead of taking the Tube. That's the wonderful thing about London - you can pretty much walk everywhere so long as you have your London A-Z handy. I guess it depends on your perspective - another American accused the Brits of trying to starve him by making him walk everywhere and then serving teeny tiny servings of food once he got there. Too funny.

I had a hair appointment yesterday at a salon very close to my old office, and I thought I'd take a stroll over there instead of paying near 2 quid to take the Tube. All I've got is time, right? It was a little over 3 miles for a round trip and eminently doable. You definitely see a lot more of London, and you don't have to top up your Oyster card as often - yay!

Now that I've lived in London for a while now and spent much of that time studying maps, I'm getting better about navigating around town on foot and avoiding the uber crowded touristy streets without ending up on sketchy and abandoned streets. So I'm all prepared for the next Tube strike.

No comments:

Post a Comment