Monday, January 24, 2011

Born to Bake

I'm not quite sure what the other expat wives do with their time. I'm not a lady that lunches, and I'm not really interested in shopping and filling my closet with clothes that will be out of style in a few months. There are a couple classes I want to take (French, photography, singing), but the classes don't start until April. Boo.

I do "lawyer" work on a project by project basis, and I try to exercise when I can (my goal is to outlift J on military presses; he is not amused). But the rest of the time, I'm a disciple of the housewifely arts. I cook, I clean, I iron, and I bake. Maybe too much baking. A few reasons why I think I'm baking too much:
  1. J's work colleagues have started putting in special requests for certain items
  2. My neighbor just came by to return the tin I had filled with cookies and called me a dangerous woman
  3. Three different friends have mentioned my brownies in the span of a single week
Speaking of the devil, this is sitting in my fridge right now...


Needless to say, J is ecstatic and very popular at the office today.

No comments:

Post a Comment