Thursday, August 19, 2010

We're Conversatin' (per Lil Wayne)

J and I talk a couple times each day during weekdays to touch base and see what the other one's up to. He asks if I've woken up yet, and I accuse him of not really having a job and demand proof of these so-called billable hours. That kind of stuff.

When we were back in LA, we would talk once in the morning and once in the afternoon. Back then, he would say stuff like, "I'm stuck in traffic on the 405 so I won't be home for another 15 minutes" and "I have to stay late at the office tonight."

Since we've been in London, we don't have phone conversations since it's 4p a minute (15p if I'm on the mobile) and so we email instead. Now he writes stuff like, "It's raining pretty badly, so I'm going to take a taxi home tonight," and "I need to pop over to Zurich for a few hours on Friday for work."

Zurich?! As in Switzerland? For a few hours? Okaaay... that's not weird. Not weird at all at all. Can you tell that I'm not used to this whole other-countries-within-minutes thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment