Monday, August 2, 2010

Dirty Laundry

It's surprising how quickly we generate dirty laundry - I feel like I just did a load before we moved! In any case, I've got a nice pile accumulating in the hamper, and I decided to do a load today before it got to the point of no return.

The only thing is... a single load of laundry takes at least three hours! Three hours, you scoff? That's hogwash! (no pun intended). But that's okay, because I also have a 6 hour and 9 hour wash option! Lucky me! I do have to admit that I'm slightly curious what the machine does exactly for three hours...

The water here is also supposed to be very hard, which can apparently have disastrous effects on your clothes, so I've also purchased my very first bottle of fabric softener. I'm not sure if I believe that it's really going to make my clothes softer without a cuddly teddy bear on it assuring me that it will be so. But I'm operating on the faith principle right now.

Only two more hours to go before I find out if my clothes survived an English washing machine...

No comments:

Post a Comment