Sunday, July 18, 2010

To Move or Not to Move - That is the Question

I've always loved Shakespeare, having gone to Shakespeare class every Saturday morning when I was in 4th and 5th grade. I still remember the bagels and cream cheese that we had during our breaks - yum! And now I have a chance to go check out Shakespeare's birthplace in person. That's right, the J's got an offer from the London office of his firm to come join them for 16 months. So the question remains - do we go or not?

Most mornings, the most pressing question of the day is more along the lines of what should I thaw for tonight's dinner? Should I iron today? Things of that nature - not should I move to another country?

Pros:
I've always loved England from afar - its modern history and its literature
We don't have kids to tie us down and we might not have this opportunity again
It'd be cool to live in another country while we're young
It'll be easy to travel around Europe

Cons:
We just bought our house 6 months ago and furnished it with brand new stuff
We'll be far from our family and friends
I'll have to leave the cat behind with my little brother
London's expensive - okay, LA is expensive too so I guess this is more of a wash
It's new, therefore scary

So we need to have a response by tomorrow, and J and I will discuss and decide tonight. Exciting with a touch of desire to hurl from fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment