Sunday, July 18, 2010

Give Me My Drugs!

Moving to London is hard. Really hard. Trying to figure everything out in regards to leaving your home behind and starting a new life abroad can be difficult, but thank God for the Internet. I've managed to figure a lot out, but the one niggling little thing that no one, including my doctor, seems to know whether I can fill my US prescriptions in the UK.

I've asked my doc to provide me with copies of the prescriptions for meds that I'm currently taking (and no, there aren't THAT many) so that I could fill them in the UK when I move. My doctor's not sure whether UK pharmacies will honor the US prescription, but all the travel websites recommend taking a copy of your prescriptions with you when you travel. Now, why would they recommend that if the pharmacies abroad wouldn't fill them for you? Do they think that the actual paper prescription has some sort of medicinal effect and you're meant to ingest the paper in case of emergency? Confusion ensues.

No comments:

Post a Comment