Sunday, July 18, 2010

Research, Research, and Repeat

We're going. We're really moving to London. A firm date isn't set yet, but we've got an estimate of the first week of August. There are a ton of things to do, but I've never moved to another country before (well, I have but I was a wee baby and my parents took care of all the details, including travel outfits), so I'm not quite sure what I need to know. Hence, the Research.

One of the few things I know I can do is research the heck out of things to the point of "why would you ever need to know that?"ness. Which can come in pretty darn handy when you're moving to a place you've never even visited before, and your husband is depending on you to figure it all out since he's never visited there either.

The things that need to be done can be separated into two separate categories:

(A) Things to do to leave our life in California behind
(B) Things to do to start our life in London

So I took care of the most important thing that I could think of: I bought my first pair of rainboots and made sure we have more than one umbrella. It's just the first step, but I think it's in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment