Monday, January 20, 2014

The £209 Storm

I've had my first real smartphone for less than a month when it decided to do a swan dive out of my (closed!) purse and faceplanted onto the pavement. I had just left my cheese lecture, and I was running to get out of the unexpected downpour. But to be honest, that's my own damn fault - when in London, one should always expect a downpour. In any case, the jogging caused the flap on my purse to fly open and my phone to take its suicidal plunge. And now it looks like this.


Apple told me it's going to cost £209 to replace the outside case, and I have to wait a week for it to be back in stock.

This is why I can't have nice things.

It's been raining pretty much nonstop, and J and I have been spending most weekends hunkered down at the flat. The only times we do venture out is when we need to go to Tommy Burgers to satisfy J's burger addiction and to restock our coffee supplies.


So far, this year is not looking good.

The only good news is that the pets in LA are much better. Torre's ear infection has completely cleared up, and Kitty is much more mobile ever since her surgery removed her tumours. My mom swears up and down that Kitty still has a lot of life left in her. I really, really hope that's true, but I'm being as realistic as I can.

As for the cat in London, he's up to his usual ruckus and closing in on 12 lbs! No one believes me when I say Casper can do more tricks than some dogs so I made a little video of him working for his kibble. He can also "sit" and he comes when he's called. Not half bad for a moggie!

No comments:

Post a Comment