Thursday, January 2, 2014

Goodbye 2013

It's been a busy year, full of ups and downs, thankfully many more ups than downs.

Two new members joined our family, one of the furry variety and the other not so furry. I love them both!





I went platinum blond... and then back to black.





I was lucky enough to travel a fair amount. First to Dubai in April...



Then Namibia in May...



And back to LA in June for the wedding of the year!



A long stay in Iceland in August...



And then a brief visit to Washington DC in November.



And Christmas in LA, of course.

Career-wise, it was pretty exciting with James making partner. We celebrated with some of his colleagues at Hereford Road Restaurant with Dom Perignon (yum!) and calf brain (yuck!).

I also made the big decision to leave law and maybe start a new career. More on that to come!

2014 is shaping up to be a banner year with 3 family weddings on the horizon.

We'd like to add a dog to our family, but that's not a done deal. That doesn't mean I haven't been researching dog breeds when J is asleep. Teehee.

A small thing, but I decided short hair is just not for me. When you have thick, wavy hair and lots of it, you wake up looking like you have a mushroom cloud on your head most mornings. It's also a lot more maintenance than long hair, and I just can't be bothered with all the combing and styling and cutting.


I'd also like to exercise more consistently. As they say, health is wealth, and I've got to keep in good shape to take care of J and my fur baby.

I'm not much of a resolution making type person, so nothing to add to that. Just to keep being happy and hoping that everyone I love is too.


No comments:

Post a Comment