Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Back to School

Big news: I just started a patisserie class at Le Cordon Bleu a few weeks ago!


We had orientation and our food safety course, and we're finally getting into the meat of the course. Can I just say how weird it is to be back in school with uniforms and lockers and textbooks and everything?!


My section is quite small, I think there are about 13 of us, and everyone is from somewhere other than London. I've met people from Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Portugal, Russia, Hong Kong, and Mexico so far. Crazy and very cool.

Casper's not very happy about this new development so this is how he tries to make sure I don't leave the house when I'm home.


Anyway, I just got back from my wine tasting class, and it was a lot more interesting than I thought it would be! I sipped enough to figure out what our sommelier was talking about, and we're allowed to spit it out into the black decanter. I was careful to drink just a little bit since I usually run home after school, and I didn't want to dodge London buses while drunk.


Casper was super happy to see me when I got back, and he had a lot of presents waiting for me!



No comments:

Post a Comment