Monday, April 25, 2011

A Time for Butterflies

The Natural History Museum is currently running a butterfly exhibit in a large tent on its East lawn. It's kept quite hot and humid in there, but it was worth venturing inside to see the butterflies flying about. I'm not quite sure if they were pumping in butterfly cocaine in there or something, but these butterflies were running mad and bold. They were fluttering about and landing on people and scaring small children. Fun!

There were loads of caterpillars hanging about...
_DSC0028

Getting ready to change into one of these...
_DSC0069
_DSC0046
_DSC0071
_DSC0078
_DSC0054
_DSC0093
_DSC0102
_DSC0039
_DSC0011
_DSC0082

I was even able to coax this one onto my hand...
_DSC0111

It was pretty awesome to see so many butterflies in one go, and I think I may revisit one more time later this summer when even more butterflies are supposed to be flying around in there. But I think I'll leave J at home next time since he kept poking at the butterflies, ostensibly to try to get them to fly onto his finger. I'm not quite sure I believe him...

No comments:

Post a Comment