Sunday, April 3, 2011

Feels Like Spring

 After a solid week of double digit temperatures, I think it's safe to say that spring has finally arrived, and not a moment too soon! Although it may be tempting fate, I put away all of our heavy winter things, and I spent all day yesterday doing some heavy duty spring cleaning.

DSC_0022
Now that the flat is nice and tidy, I rewarded myself with a nice walk through Regent's Park. If I had any doubts that spring had arrived, those doubts were put to rest when I saw the transformation that had taken place in the park just in the last week. Although the daffodils are starting to fade, the park's gardeners had replanted all of the flowers in the avenues, and the splash of color was beautiful.

DSC_0006


DSC_0017

The warmth of the sun on our backs made it warm enough for us to shrug off our jackets and continue our walk in just our short-sleeve shirts for the first time in months and months. It was glorious!

DSC_0012
In fact, our walk felt so lovely that J and I decided to head back home to change into our running clothes, and we headed out again for a quick run through the park. We're both a bit out of shape after our recent stint of working long hours, but it still felt wonderful even though it took us a while to catch our breath. It looks like we just made it back to our flat in time since the lovely weather has transformed into a sky filled with threatening clouds hinting at rain. Typical.

No comments:

Post a Comment