Thursday, April 28, 2011

Starting Over, Yet Again

With the warm weather looming ahead of me, I decided to give up the office life and gave notice last week that today would be my last day at my current project. I was all aflutter with the prospect of sleeping in and watching Gilmore Girls re-runs all day long and cooking homemade dinners for J and I.

And then I got a call yesterday letting me know of another job starting on Tuesday after the long bank holiday weekend. For more money. Where some of my friends already work. Of course.

So now it looks like no long, lazy summer days ahead. I'll be cooped up in yet another office making the money to fund my insanely expensive hobby - why does camera equipment all cost so damn much?!

Anyway, we were meant to go to a steak lunch today for my leaving party, but of course, work got in the way. To make up for it, the associate I worked for rushed in before I left to present me with a madeira cake and a biscuit tin full of yummies. To be honest, I prefer the biscuit tin to a steak so I was pretty happy with the change in plans. She also told me that I could come back whenever and for however long I choose to, so I may return in October.

At this rate, I could very well accomplish my goal of working for every major law firm in London. Two down, about 40 more to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment