Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Practically Over

We finished the practical exam portion of the Basic course today! Hooray and Hallelujah! 

We were all dreading the possibility of getting the genoise for our exam dish, so of course, that's what we got. To tell the truth, I was bumming pretty hard when I saw the recipe but it didn't turn out as bad as I feared. My buttercream could've been less yellow, but there was nothing else I could've done better. I feel like I left it all out there, and that's all I can do. I'm just so freaking glad it's over! Now I can stop filling my fridge with sweets that I'm sick of eating by now.


I could've practiced more, sure, but I spent the day before at the salon looking like this:


And now I look like this:


Sorry, Mom! At least I didn't shave it!

And now I'm off to spoil myself with some of the best macarons in the world per our chefs. Apparently, you can't get them out of Switzerland, but J just happened to go to Geneva for work, and brought me this!


I am a lucky, lucky girl.




No comments:

Post a Comment