Monday, March 3, 2014

Ice Cream and Practice

I woke up bright and early Monday morning to attend ice cream class at school. That sounds weird, right? It was freezing cold, but I still managed to taste all of the ice creams, sorbets, and parfaits on offer.


I didn't have too much since I didn't want to walk out drunk and gassy. Why? Most of the ice creams were flavoured with alcohol and I'm also lactose intolerant. Oopsies.

I've been trying to practice the exam dishes such as the coffee eclairs, but I usually end up with more questions than when I began. The recipes are also a bit much so I always end up with leftover batter and stuff.

Wasting food is a pet peeve of mine so I made a gateau st Honore with the leftover choux dough and creme patissiere. I cooked up some caramel for the gateau and I used the leftovers to attempt some spun sugar. It turned out alright, but I definitely see the advantage of having a sugar tool for the job instead of just a fork. My kitchen shopping list keeps growing by the minute!


J's office couldn't believe their luck when I showed up with eclairs and a bonus gateau! I'm just glad that I have people willing to eat my practice pieces or I'd have to start rolling down the pavement!

No comments:

Post a Comment