Sunday, March 23, 2014

Basic Graduation

It's over! We took our written exam, which I didn't study nearly enough for, and we had one last relaxing practical where we made truffles, which meant we were elbows deep in chocolate.


And chef played a practical joke on me which ended up with chocolate on my face. I give him credit, I didn't think he had it in him!


Everyone was really relaxed, including the chef, and my partner got the chance to take some fun snaps.




The school put on a very casual graduation ceremony in one of the larger classrooms, and most of my section attended to receive our certificates and find out our final grades. I was more than pleased to receive Mention Bien! Woohoo!


Our section did quite well: about half of us received Mention Bien, which was harder than I thought as I saw that there were some sections that didn't receive any! School be stingy with their grades! 

The graduation was more of a photo op than anything else, but we were disappointed to find that only one of our pastry chefs was able to attend as the others were teaching classes. 

But that didn't deter us from hunting them down one by one and floor by floor. I'll never forget the look on some of the chefs' faces as they saw a bunch of girls charging at them from down the hall hollering,  'Cheeeeeeeef! Selfieeeeee!' They were all good sports despite us interrupting them and played along with some of our more ridiculous requests.




The hard part is saying goodbye to two of our classmates. My partner is going back to Malaysia, and I'll miss her and her always hilarious sound effects. She was also the one to reach the stuff on the high shelves. Sad.


We all commented on how lucky we were with our section, and we're all hoping that we get to stay together for the intermediate term. Fingers crossed!




No comments:

Post a Comment