Friday, February 18, 2011

Waiting for Spring

I woke up this morning to another grey and blah kind of day, and it's getting to the point where I'm actually dreaming every night of floating in a warm, blue ocean with the sun beating down on my face. I wish.

Anyway, I sucked it up and decided to go on a run this morning since the half-marathon is only about 2 weeks away now. I was feeling a bit glum from the weather, but I couldn't help grinning when I saw a pair of park rangers on horses calming meandering along the trail ahead of me.  I eventually passed them, and lo and behold, I saw a clump of blooming flowers! I think they were snowdrops and daffodils, but they're just beginning to bloom so I couldn't be sure.

I've been waiting forever to say this, but I think spring may be coming! And not a moment too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment