Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Little Rain Must Fall

It's been one of those days where nothing goes right, but I find that I can't be that upset about it. There are all sorts of things going on in the world that are leagues beyond any discomfort that I may be facing, and I'm grateful that my complaints are small.

That being said, I had an absolutely horrible run this morning - the shortest and the slowest run I've had in a while. I wasn't feeling particularly motivated, but I had promised my friend that we would both go running at noon, albeit her at the gym and me at the park. About two minutes into my run, my iPod ran out of juice, proving me wrong in thinking that the poor thing had another hour or so left battery-wise.

I decided to just keep on trucking in silencio, and then a mile later, I ran into a dog fight. Lots of dog owners wander the park without their dogs on leashes, and maybe that's not the brightest idea. Like when your large dog is the kind of dog that likes to chase and bite other strange, large dogs. I couldn't run through the dog fight so I waited and watched as the owners attempted to pull them away from each other. After the dogs were separated, I got out of there quick, but I did hear them starting up again right as I left. Leashes, people!

I was glad to escape the dogs, but I couldn't escape the rain. It started out as a drizzle, but then it started raining in earnest. I tried to keep on running while wiping the running water from my eyes and telling myself that it would stop eventually, but I finally called it a day after a paltry three miles when I saw even the rugby players packing it in. And they don't stop for nothing. Besides, I hate running in the rain - I can hardly see and I kick up muck on the back of my legs and ankle blisters are a near certainty.

Sad and dejected, I went home to dry off and await the arrival of the decorator (US: painter) and the grocery delivery. Then I had to cancel the decorator because we're having some water leakage issues, and I discovered the grocery delivery truck is going to be an hour late after calling their helpline to figure out why my food hasn't arrived yet. As a consolation, the customer service rep promised to include a free bottle of wine in my next delivery, which would be great but for the fact that I don't drink. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment