Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Turning On The Lights on Regent Street

Last night, Regent Street decided to have a big to do about turning on the Christmas lights on the curvy street of style. They shut the street down to traffic, and they held a mini-concert featuring several artists including the Jersey Boys, a barbershop quartet, and a gospel choir, along with several other artists that I didn't recognize.

And half of the people were smoking. Yuck.
It was cold enough to wear the ugliest but warmest hat I own.
Not the best view of the lights, but I'm short. Sue me.
I never thought that I'd be dancing to American 50's rock in the middle of the Regent Street, but that's exactly what happened last night. I think J and I were among the few that actually knew all of the songs that the Jersey Boys were singing, but everyone was bopping along to the music anyway while fake snow was blasted from the rooftops. It was pretty freaking cold, and we took off to Guerilla Burger for some hot dogs and sweet potato fries right after the lights were switched on. All in all, a very American night for Christmas in London!

No comments:

Post a Comment