Thursday, May 9, 2013

May Flowers

I feel a bit bad about complaining about London weather all the time, but the drizzly weather and lack of sun really does get to me, especially considering I'm used to sunny California weather. But I have to say, when the sun finally comes out over the city, the entire city comes out to play!

We finally got our first warm day of the year this past weekend, and J and I decided to take a stroll through Regent's Park and celebrate the weather with an ice cream. When we got to the park, it looked like pretty much everyone else had the exact same idea.

_DSC0432.jpg

_DSC0423.jpg

It was the most crowded I've seen the park in the last three years! I think the beautiful flowers had something to do with it. 

_DSC0467.jpg

_DSC0455.jpg

Every few months, the park's gardeners plant fresh flowers in certain parts of the park, and they really outdid themselves this time around. You never see the gardeners unless you're at the park at the crack of dawn, and I wish they could see how much people were enjoying the fruit of their labour.

_DSC0472.jpg

Everyone was taking pictures of the beautiful blooms, and it was actually so warm that the tulips were starting to wilt!

_DSC0458.jpg

I think the sheer amount of sun and warmth got to J pretty quickly, and we checked the rose garden to see if any of the roses had made an appearance yet before heading home. No such luck! But we did get to admire an entire avenue of blossoming trees. I wish I could sleep in a bed of these blossoms.

_DSC0443.jpg

Of course, the warm weather didn't last, and it's rainy and gusty again, but I can't be too disappointed since I have some fun travel plans. Onward and upward!

_DSC0484.jpg

2 comments:

  1. What stunning flowers! Those tulip breeds are gorgeous with the different shades blending into one another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gardeners there do a wonderful job, and the flowers are the reason why Regent's Park is my favourite park! I can't wait for rose season!

      Delete