Tuesday, June 12, 2012

It Isn't Easy Being Green

This past Saturday was the first dry day in quite some time, so I dragged J outside to check out the London Green Fair in Regent's Park.

P1010295.jpg

I got the gist that it's about being environmentally friendly, but I wasn't quite sure what we would encounter there.

Some things were pretty obvious, such as the plant and gardening booths.

P1010289.jpg

Other less obvious offerings included lots and lots of food stands. J and I were kicking ourselves for having lunch at home. Too full for churros = sad.

P1010284.jpg

The many different music concerts were definitely a pleasant surprise - the choices varied from beatboxers, classical musicians and reggae bands.

P1010285.jpg

I was also a big fan of the free books, although I felt a twinge of sympathy for the authors whose books had been picked over. Kind of sucks that no one wants your book, even if it's free!

P1010294.jpg

The thing that kind of confused me is that there was so much stuff for sale.

P1010290.jpg

I'll admit to having some hippie-ish tendencies since I went to rather liberal schools, and I thought the best way of being green was just to consume less. I mean, unless you're really in need of a dreamcatcher made entirely out of hemp.

P1010293.jpg

J and I weren't really in the market for henna tattoos or soap made out of goat's milk (how does this even work?) so we left the fair to check out something that I've been wanting to do for a year! I can't wait! And don't worry Mom, it's not nearly as high as it looks and it's perfectly safe.

P1010296.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment