Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Straight to Summer

It seems like I brought the LA weather back with me when I came back to a sunny and warm London!

This May was shaping up to be the worst May in decades (weather-wise), but in a complete 180, the last week has been amazing with temperatures in the mid-twenties and sunny skies. It's some consolation for the fact that J and I had to cancel our big Italian tour due to J being busy at work. *tear* To be honest, I was more than fine with cancelling as I had been traveling for the last one and half months and I was ready to come back home and stay put for a while.

Of course, we had to try to spend as much of it as possible outside while the sunshine lasted.

We had lunch at Pizza Express and then hit up John Lewis on Oxford Street to buy a food processor. Exciting times, I know. A little reminder that the Queen's Diamond Jubilee is coming up soon...

P1010072.jpg

And we walked around Hyde Park where pretty much everyone was out enjoying the weather. I didn't know that you could go swimming in Diana's memorial! Sweet!

P1010080.jpg

P1010083.jpg

I felt kind of bad for dragging J on a long walk through the park on an extra hot day so I bought him a burger at Bar Boulod at the Mandarin Oriental in Kensington to make up for it. I got the Yankee burger - I couldn't figure out what was so Yankee about it though...

P1010085.jpg

Now that I'm back at home and gainfully unemployed, I've been keeping busy with a massive spring clean (a wee bit late, I know), working out, and making healthy meals from scratch for J. So far, I've made the following at his request:

Grilled Salmon w/ Chickpea Salad

P1010077.jpg

Curried Chicken Korma w/ Swiss Chard

P1010094.jpg

And last night, I made some Potato and Quinoa Croquettes w/ Sour Cream, but it got inhaled before I could snap a pic of it.

I seriously think it's harder being a housewife than going back to work. Slaving over a stove on a hot day is not fun - I ended up cooking dinner in my sports bra while trying to avoid getting hit by any rogue oil splatters. It may be time to head back to the office soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment