Monday, May 28, 2012

I'm Going Back to Cali, to Cali

I was back in London long enough to do a ton of laundry, clean the flat, and freeze some more stew for J, before I had to get back on the plane to head to LA.

I wasn't that keen on traveling again after being on the road for so long, but my cousin was getting married and there was no way I'd miss it! So I packed my bags, and I was back at my parents' house after an eleven-hour flight on Virgin Atlantic. Confession: I always fly Virgin Atlantic when I go back to Cali because they serve ice cream as a snack! Never mind the fact that I'm lactose-intolerant. Just keep your fingers crossed that you're not my seatmate.

Anyway, I got to spend a lot of time with my family and tagged along with my mom as she did her thing. Both she and my dad keep pretty busy so I was lucky if they had any time to spare for me! But my mom did take me to the Grove, where I had the obligatory celebrity spotting. It was Slater from Saved by the Bell!

P1010004.jpg

He lost the Jheri curls, but other than that, he looked exactly the same! Anyway, it wasn't anything unusual since they film the entertainment show Extra! at the Grove quite often. In case you're interested in Slater-stalking...

I also got to see my friends and ate a slew of yummy restaurants, some new and some old. I got to try out a new place in West Hollywood known as Grub, and the food wasn't anything to write home about but sitting out in the patio was quite nice.

P1010005.jpg

I was glad that I was going to 26 Beach in Venice the next day because they have every kind of french toast you can imagine, and all of them are amazing!

P1010008.jpg

And for the grand finale of the week, I got to see my cousin getting married! It was a beautiful ceremony, and they made an absolutely gorgeous couple.

524897_10150967324651085_731401084_11929894_1779422706_n.jpg

I come from a really large family, and it was really nice to reunite with all of my cousins at the wedding!

547751_10150975265751085_731401084_11958290_207984236_n.jpg

And that isn't even all of them, but it's difficult to squeeze 30 people into a photobooth. Trust me, we tried.

The week literally flew by, and I was back at LAX before I knew it. I missed J, but it was really tough leaving LA this time. I'm not great at keeping in touch, and the eight hour time difference really doesn't help, but my friends treat me as though I never left, which is fantastic. At the same time, I don't know what their everyday lives are like anymore, I only get the broad strokes.

And I miss my cat, who's still living with my parents since she's too old for me transport to London.

P1010037.jpg

In case you couldn't tell by now... I'm homesick for California.


No comments:

Post a Comment