Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sunday Brunch

Brunch has always been my favorite meal, and since I'm not much of a going-out type of person, I try to see most of my friends during Sunday brunches rather than going out for drinks at night. All through law school, I had a close-knit group of friends that I would have brunch with on a weekly basis, and I've tried to carry on that tradition after graduating with a different group of friends but on a monthly basis. Apparently, grown-ups with jobs and stuff don't have as much free time as law students. Boo.

After we moved to London, J and I do brunch sometimes on the weekends, but it's just not been the same. It was something I always did with friends and not my significant other, even though J makes a great brunch buddy. =) When we do go out for brunch, we usually end up at Cafe Luc or Coco Momo on our high street, depending on whether we feel fancy (Cafe Luc) or a bit more casual (Coco Momo).

I hadn't seen one of my friends in quite some time, and it's really difficult to try to schedule things with people in London. We both cancelled on each other once, but we finally managed to meet up today for Sunday brunch at Cafe Luc! It was endless chatter for two hours since we had a lot to catch up on - she had a birthday (while I was in Paris) and she just got engaged! The staff were nice enough to not hurry us out even though we finished our food waaay before we got up to leave, and I felt like I got a proper catch up with her. Hopefully, I'll see her again soon since I promised to help her with picking a photographer for her wedding and with her makeup for the civil ceremony. Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment