Monday, May 30, 2011

Bye Bye Visitors

My little bro and his gf left yesterday, and I was a little bummed. I really enjoyed having them here, and it was strange to see them off back to the US - it really hit me that I live here now. People will come and go, but I'll always be here for the foreseeable future. Hm.

Anyway, they were pretty tired by the end of their European adventures and were pretty happy to spend their last weekend in London just hanging around the flat. On Saturday morning, we decided to hit up Borough Market, a huge outdoor foodie heaven, and the kids had a great time ogling all the food on offer.
_DSC0001

We stopped by a burger stand, and we feasted on absolutely delicious ostrich and wildebeest burgers for lunch. The kids bought a wild boar pie, and I picked up some peonies to take back to the flat. J also scored some yummy cheese and bread, and we all got a chance to sample all sorts of things at the market.
_DSC0008

We finished the day off with a return visit to Jamie's Italian restaurant in Covent Garden, and I had completely forgotten that Manchester United would be playing Barcelona that night for the championship. There was a huge crowd of football fans in front of Covent Garden tube station, and they were drunk and jumping around and sloshing beer all over the place. The police eventually showed up with their paddy wagons to take the overly excited fans away while we looked on with amusement.

Dinner was great, and I felt a bit guilty about J since I never want to go out to eat whereas J is a complete foodie. Note to self: Take J out more often.

Sunday was the kids' last day here, and we decided to spend the morning walking around Regent's Park. The weather was perfect if a bit breezy, and I had packed some bread for the kids to feed the birds.
_Regen

I swear, everytime I go to the park, I see a new kind of bird I hadn't seen before! Too bad the swans were nowhere in sight, but it was still a lot of fun cruising the park. I usually run through it, so it was nice just strolling around the lake without gasping for breath.
_DSC0025
_DSC0017  

It really was great having them here, and I hope they decide to visit us again. *Hint hint*

No comments:

Post a Comment