Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A New Low

Today, I demonstrated what a "valley girl" accent sounds like to my work colleagues by doing the girl's bit from Sir Mix-A-Lot's "Baby Got Back." For those of you who don't remember, it begins with, "Oh my god, Becky. Look at her butt. It is like, so big. It's like, totally out there..." Yes, I'm afraid things have definitely taken a turn for the worse in our office exchanges.

On the plus side, I've gotten loads of recommendations for places to eat since I don't really trust travel books, and TimeOut has been a bit of a hit or miss for me. Here's my list so far:

Fish and chips - Fryer's Delight by Holborn
German sausages - Bavarian Beer House in the City
Curry - Brick Lane (of course!) in East London
Sushi - Donzoko by Oxford Circus
Korean - Forget it, wait until a trip to LA (my own personal view)

I'm planning on Christmas feasting for the next two weeks or so, so I'm a bit concerned as to whether my body can handle the calorie overload so I may spread out the restaurant visits over the next few months. It's hard enough to not get fat with the all of the Thai takeaways we've ordered in the last few months, and I'm guessing that the discovery of new food goodies isn't going to do my waistline any favors. Anyway, must go tend to my Outrageous Brownies, tee hee. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment