Friday, December 17, 2010

A Holiday Tipple

I've just wandered home from having a holiday pint with my work colleagues, and it turns out that a half cider is about all I can handle before someone has to wheelbarrow me home. I figure this is good information for me to have any future pub trips. In any case, the Cittie of York in Holborn is definitely worth a visit - old building, not too busy, and clean with great decor. What more can a girl looking to get smashed ask for?

Continuing our cultural exchanges, we spent much of yesterday playing with Christmas crackers we got from the canteen workers, wearing crowns and saying jokes and playing with yo-yos that fell out of them. It's too bad that they're regarded as explosives so I can't send some to the States. The terrorists really do ruin it for everybody.

Looks innocuous, doesn't it? Not per the TSA.

No comments:

Post a Comment