Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Funny Hair and Serious Studying

The best thing about being blonde is not being blonde. I've been cycling through the rainbow, and I think the purple could be my favourite. The girls at school have been making requests, and it looks like turquoise is next! People at work haven't batted an eye at the uncorporate colour, which I see as tacit permission to sally forth.


Don't worry Mom, it'll be a human colour by the time I'm back home. I'll try, anyway.

I have a day off today, which means chores, chores, and cakes! Laundry is nearly finished, which means it's back in the kitchen for me. I feel fairly confident about the Fraisier (minus the royal icing piping), but I get a bit wobbly about the Alhambra and Opera. I don't really like practicing the Alhambra just because I don't think it tastes very good. I don't want to eat it, and I don't feel right about giving someone a cake that I don't think is that good. But I've decided to just do the damn thing.


Let's just say I'm no longer a fan of roses.

It's getting to the end of term so I thought I'd get the chefs a little token of gratitude for everything they've taught me thus far. J and I ended up going to Harrods food hall, and I'm never going back. The service is great but the place is an absolute zoo and heaving with tourists. We couldn't get out of there fast enough! I didn't feel so guilty about taking J there since we also stopped by Bar Boulud for their amazing burgers.


Exams are only a week away, and I feel like I haven't prepared as much as I did for the Basic exam so that means buckling down for the next week and studying and practicing. I guess I couldn't deny my slacker nature, but fingers crossed that I'm still good at cramming!

No comments:

Post a Comment