Friday, May 23, 2014

Desk Jockey and Care Packages

Going back to the office for a short while turned out to be a blessing in disguise. It opened my eyes to the realisation that I can actually never return to sitting at a desk and working on a computer. I'm so much happier running around a loud and hectic kitchen, and I was never that good at sitting still anyway. 

And office clothes suck. It's impossible to walk fast in a pencil skirt and heels, and I'm usually in a hurry to get to where I'm going. It's not like it's pleasant walking around in underground tunnels, and people in the City won't hesitate to trample you if you don't speed it up. I remember thinking Londoners walked so damn fast when I first moved here, but four years later, I get upset at people for walking so damn slow! I honestly get the pedestrian version of road rage.


We only have one demo this week and work is currently on hold until Wednesday morning, which means that I should be spending the time off practicing the exam cakes. I've already made the Fraisier and Opera at home, so it'll be the Alhambra next. The timing works out pretty well since J promised his boss that I'll make something nice for his birthday this weekend and I like to think I'm helping J's career prospects with my cakes. 

In other news, I received a care package from my oldest BFF, whom I've known since we were seven! She's just travelling the world and fighting to end sex trafficking, no biggie. And she still makes time to remember to send me all my crazy little obsessions from Korea. In case you couldn't tell by now, she's amazing, and I'm so lucky to count her as my friend!



No comments:

Post a Comment