Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Gone to the Dogs

Still not working, and I guess that's not a bad thing since there's been a ton of work going on in our flat!  Our fridge needed repairs, and our windows are being refurbished as part of the building works. J is crazy busy at work, so I guess it's a good thing I'm around to make sure we still have windows at the end of the day!



When my flat isn't being torn apart, I've been gallivanting around town and visiting friends during their various lunch breaks/ afternoon teas.

One of the funner outings was taking my friend's dog to the pool for doggy swimming. He's got a bad hip so this is actually doggy therapy to build up his leg muscles.
P1010836.jpg

The water was quite warm, and we had the pool to ourselves so we had a blast throwing the ball and watching him swim after it. Doesn't he look adorable in his doggy life vest?
P1010851.jpg

I also got to spend some more time with the baby, who's getting even cuter every time I see him! He's such a happy baby, and I rarely see him kick up a fuss.
P1010825.jpg

I love talking to him, but whether he understands anything I'm babbling about is a question mark.
P1010865.jpg

More good news: spring has finally sprung! The temperature these days is actually nice enough that I can get away with a light jacket, and I've finally resumed running outside. And not a moment too soon, as I have a rather long race in October that I need to be training for. I've managed to work my way up to 9 miles, but I still feel like I'm behind in my training plan so I'm using the time off to catch up a bit on my exercise. Fingers crossed I stay injury-free!

No comments:

Post a Comment