Monday, December 19, 2011

Is It Christmas Yet?

No two ways about it, I Love Christmas. Love love love. And to get into the spirit of things, I've done loads of typical Christmas things such as:

Ice skating at Somerset House

Watching an excellent performance of The Nutcracker ballet at the Royal Opera House

Going to an eggnog party and watching Love Actually

Shopping in London with all the twinkling lights

Visiting Christmas markets in Switzerland

Decorating my flat with baubles, homemade gingerbread men, cranberry garlands and poinsettias

But for some reason, the Christmas spirit seems to be eluding me this year.

I think it's probably because I'm still far away from the things that really make Christmas so wonderful - family and old friends. I've also shipped all of my family's gifts to my parents' house in LA, so I haven't wrapped a single gift myself. Sad.

I think I'll finally get into the swing of things when I see how my parents decorated their house this year, add to the presents piled under the tree and feel the warmth of the fire crackling in the fireplace. It'll be Christmas when I get to see my friends and ask how they've fared in the last year and hear about the big news in their lives. I'll be ready to celebrate when I see my cat again and have her curled up by my feet.

I hope Christmas comes soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment