Friday, April 25, 2014

Easter in Portugal

It's right around this time of year that I start to crave sun like a fat kid wants cake, so you can imagine how excited I was to hop on a plane to the Algarves in Portugal! 

J made the executive decision to splash out on a suite at our hotel, Epic Sana in Albufeira. I wasn't going to complain. The view from our room was amazing!


The hotel itself is pretty spiffy. It was built last year, and it's got a very spa-like vibe to it. The entire staff was very charming, and the hotel thought of all the little extra touches that make your stay super comfortable. 




We started the next morning with my favourite part of any hotel experience, the breakfast buffet.


It's stupid how excited I get about someone else preparing breakfast for me. 

Next up, we hit up the pool for some fun in the sun.


J very wisely stayed in the shade, while I got a nice sunburn after sitting in the sun for an hour. I keep forgetting how unused to the sun my skin is after living in London. Oops. 

It was nice while it lasted as we got hit by a truly epic storm the next day.


Lucky for us, it cleared up enough during the afternoon for us to take a quick walk on the beach by the hotel, the Praia de Falesia. 


I was foolish enough to suggest going in the water. Needless to say, it was pretty freaking cold!


J finally convinced me to enjoy the sun on the sand after watching me make a fool of myself. 


I still don't regret getting in the water.

I was getting pretty hungry so we went back to our room to order room service, but I was pretty disappointed with my order. This was one of the rare occasions that I decided to complain, and I guess it paid off as this showed up afterwards.


Sweeeeet! 

It was time to go back home all too soon, and we were seen off by the best rainbow ever.


Now it's time to plan our May holiday! Whomp whomp!






No comments:

Post a Comment