Friday, February 17, 2012

A Picture a Day

It's my last Friday off before I go back to work, and I've got a long list of things to do. I've already got a load of laundry in the washer, and I'm due to go for a run any time now (curious as to whether this will actually happen).

I've really been trying to focus on improving my photography, so I've been studying from lots of books and working on my Adobe Lightroom skills. Anyway, I suppose you only get better at something with lots and lots of practice (per my piano teacher and Malcolm Gladwell), so I thought I'd try to take a picture at least every other day.

I noticed this morning that one of my tulips was dying, and I thought I'd pluck it out and take a picture of it before it went into the bin. Tulips are unapologetically cheerful flowers, so I thought a darker take on them might be interesting and different.

_DSC0416.jpg

With that taken care of, off for my run!

No comments:

Post a Comment